Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology Blu-Ray Review

Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology Blu-Ray Review

Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology Blu-Ray Review
Available to own on Blu-Ray Tuesday, March 10, 2009!


Synopsis:
This year the BAT goes BLU! BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) vs. The Joker (Jack Nicholson) in the amazing first extravaganza! With Kim Basinger. BATMAN RETURNS - The Bat (Michael Keaton), the Cat (Michelle Pfeiffer), the Penguin (Danny DeVito). And Christopher Walken, too! BATMAN FOREVER - Riddle me this: The Dark Knight (Val Kilmer) bat-battles Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones) and the Riddler (Jim Carrey). With Nicole Kidman, Chris O'Donnell. BATMAN & ROBIN - Will Mr. Freeze (Arnold Schwarzenegger) put the world on ice? George Clooney wears the hero's cape. Also with Chris O'Donnell, Uma Thurman, Alicia Silverstone. All four box office hits on Blu-Ray for the very first time!


Review:I won't lie..I haven't watched these films since Batman Begins came out. I just needed some space and time from the 1990s-era movies. Why, you may ask? Simple... I've never liked them. I know..blasphemy!



When the Batman Anthology came out on DVD, I decided that I would pick it up, because its something to have for my collection and I figured eventually I'd want to watch them again. Well, I never did pick it up. And then comes the Blu-Ray set.



I popped these films in and I gave them another try. I sat with my two kids and watched the four films in order. The Burton films are, of course, legendary amongst fans and the public alike. They re-vitalized Bat-Mania and helped to shape amazing things like Batman: The Animated Series. For that, I will always be thankful, but the Batman in these films is not the Batman that I know and love. Its Tim Burton's vision of Batman, which is fine, but thats all it is. The Schumacher films are....well...yeah. But the kids..they LOVED them. ALL of them. I couldn't believe it. I think the new Nolan series has really made these films nostalgia, though. They're so far removed from what we get now, its kinda fun to watch. Its like viewing the old '66 Adam West show..its just a whole other world!


Now..onto the quality...A LOT of older films have not been transfered well to Blu-Ray in both audio and video. These films, however, are the exception. They're so crisp and full of sound that even the toughest of critic can't be disappointed! They are definately worth getting on Blu-Ray.


5 out of 5 Stars!

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector