Predator: Ultimate Hunter Edition Blu-Ray Review

Predator: Ultimate Hunter Edition Blu-Ray Review



Synopsis: Dutch (Arnold Schwarzenegger; The Terminator) wages an all-out war against an unseen enemy, a force more powerful and deadly than any on Earth-because the Predator is not of this Earth. As he leads an elite group of commandos on a rescue mission deep into the jungle, Dutch and his team quickly learn that their foe kills for pleasure and hunts for sport. However, this time….it picked the wrong man to hunt.

Review: I am a huge Predator fan.  I mean I read the comics, the books, I have the old Kenner toys.  I'm hardcore.   They previously released a 2-disc DVD set for the first film and that had a great load of extras.  Then, the blu-ray came and it was sad.  I mean SAD.  The transfer was grainy and it had literally no special features.  Pathetic.  Now, with the new movie 'Predators' coming to theaters Fox is re-releasing Predator the right way!  I was skeptical when I saw the bit about an all-new digital restoration of the film.  I've heard this talk before and its disappointed.  So, does the Ultimate Hunter Edition live up to it's name?

YES!  I put in my first release blu-ray to compare and when the Ultimate Hunter Edition went in, I was blow away.  Its absolutely perfect.  I'm talking vibrant color, no grain and high-definition picture.  It looks like a brand-new movie!  I am absolutely impressed and pleased.  I think that any fan of the film will agree and this release is aboslutely essential.  The new extras are great and it recaps all of the old extras from the 2-disc DVD, so you can completely upgrade your library with this release!  I cannot recommend it enough.

The special features line-up on this blu-ray release are:
 
ALL-NEW Digital Restoration of Predator
•ALL-NEW Sneak Peak at Predators
•ALL-NEW “Evolution of the Species: Hunters of Extreme Perfection” Featurette
• Feature-Length Audio Commentary by John McTiernan
•Text Commentary by Historian Eric Lichtensfeld
•“If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It” Making-Of Documentary
•“Inside The Predator” Documentary
•Special Effects Featurettes
•Deleted Scenes and Outtakes
•Short Takes
•Theatrical Trailers
•Photo Galleries
•Predator Profile

Interest Range: Predator, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Action/Adventure, Suspense

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector