WWE: For All Mankind- The Life and Career of Mick Foley DVD Review

click the title above to read the full review...


WWE: For All Mankind- The Life and Career of Mick Foley DVD Review
You can own this DVD today 

Synopsis: The first ever comprehensive documentary on the life and career of hardcore legend Mick Foley with a limited edition 'Mr. Socko' sock puppet included! Filled with inside commentary on his most brutal matches, career struggles and multi-character evolution. Includes bonus matches and legendary moments from throughout his career. 

Review: Are you kidding me?  The Hardcore Legend himself is finally immortalized on DVD by the most legendary wrestling association of all time, the WWE!  I knew going into this DVD that I would be getting an education.  Most of what I know of Foley is from clips on other documentaries.  You see, I didn't have cable TV until the late 1990s (thanks a lot mom and dad! sheesh), so I missed his original Cactus Jack run in WCW and by the time I had cable I was a WCW guy all the way, so I skipped over the attitude era all together!   I always knew he was a legend with WWE fans and so I wanted to see what it was all about and I learned a few things.  Firstly, I learned that he gives EVERYTHING in the ring for the fans...or rather gave, as he can no longer compete.  He brutalized himself in every possible way, short of death, for our fun.  Also, he's a really warm and charitable person and a great father....all things I have to respect the hell out of!  Those signs in the crowd that you sometimes still catch today on RAW...the ones that say "Foley is god".  They're so right.  Foley is god and this DVD, which includes a wonderful documentary and some full key matches, along with a Socko puppet (score!)  is a MUST have for any wrestling fan.

Interest Range: WWE, Wrestling

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector