10 Things I Hate About You Blu-Ray Review


10 Things I Hate About You Blu-Ray Review

You can purchase this blu-ray online today!

Synopsis: The classic comedy that launched the careers of Academy Award winner Heath Ledger (2008, Best Supporting Actor, THE DARK KNIGHT) and Julia Stiles celebrates its ten-year high school reunion with 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU: THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION. This special edition is packed with a million things to love, including an exclusive sneak peek at Heath Ledger's screen test. New kid in school Cameron (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is smitten with the beautiful Bianca (Larisa Oleynik). The problem is that Bianca isn't allowed to date unless her surly older sister Kat (Stiles) does. Cameron's only hope is to enlist the help of Patrick (Ledger), the school troublemaker with a reputation as nasty as Kat's. This special edition brings back the love-struck high school classmates of '99 with a treasure trove of never-before-seen footage. Also featuring a retro soundtrack of memorable nineties tunes, 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU is a comedy you can count on.


Review: This is hands down a chick flick of the highest order.  I don't mean that as an insult, just a matter of fact.  When I first saw this film Heath Ledger hadn't yet turned in his epic performance as the Joke in the Dark Knight, so I wasn't as wild about him as I am these days.   This was a nice movie, though.  It came together well and it was a good watch, so when this blu-ray was solicited I thought hey, why not check it out.

Unfortunately, this release suffers from what I now call the Ghostbusters effect.  Its full and I mean FULL of grain.  Its hard to watch, almost like you're watching a staticy television.  I really wish that the studio had taken the time to clean up the film better or had just released it at 720p instead.  Its a shame, because the release has great bonus features (seen below) and really did deserve better.  I wish I could recommend the blu-ray here, but honestly you're better off with the DVD.

Bonus Features include:10 Things I Love About 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU 10 Years Later Take A Look Back And Remember Why Everyone Loves This Classic Teen Comedy. This New Documentary Features Interviews With Director Gil Junger, Co-Writers Kirsten Smith and Karen McCullah Lutz, Never-Before-Seen Casting Footage, Cast Interviews, And More, Deleted Scenes, Writers And Cast Audio Commentary 

Video Clips: Meeting in the Bookstore and the Trailer for the release

Rating: 3 out of 5 Stars

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector