Winnie The Pooh: A Valentine for You Special Edition DVD Review


You can purchase this DVD online today

Synopsis: Get ready to fall in love with this timeless Special Edition of Winnie The Pooh's beloved Valentine's Day classic! Join Pooh and his pals as they set off on an exciting adventure to find the Smitten (love bug) they think has bitten Christopher Robin. Brimming with magic and delightful songs, A VALENTINE FOR YOU reminds us that there's room in our hearts for both old and new friends! Then, enjoy extra fun and laughter with two more charming tales: Un-Valentine's Day and My Hero. It's a sweet treat for the entire family!

Bonus Features include: My Hero New To DVD! From THE NEW ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH, Catch The Love Bug Game Flying Love Bugs are On The Loose In The Hundred Acre Wood, And It's Up To You To Catch As Many As You Can.

Review: I love Winnie the Pooh.  Probably too much for a thirty year old man, but I do have three kids to hide behind at least, right?  Disney has been doing this great bit of re-releasing old Pooh specials onto DVD with extra features and including pack-in collectibles.  I love pack-in collectibles too!  This time around you get six exclusive Valentines with your DVD.  How fun is that?!  Thats something that is great for kids and collectible for adults.  Everyone wins.

This DVD is essentially a re-release of the old Pooh special Un-Valentine's Day.  I have this on VHS.  I bought it before I had kids!  Thats right.  Anyway, this release features: "A Valentine for You", "UnValentine's Day", "Three Piglets" and "My Hero". 

A Valentine for you was a 1999 Valentine's Day special where Christopher Robin gets sick with the love bug.  Un-Valentine's Day, Three Piglets and My Hero are all episodes from the very under-rated Saturday morning cartoon 'The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh'.  I'm really hoping that show gets a full DVD release someday.  It was really outstanding.   The My Hero episode is part of the special features on the DVD, along with a love bug game that the kids had a lot of fun playing.

The video transfer on those 'New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh' episodes is a little fuzzy, but it actually looks just like I remember it on TV, so thats kinda fun and kids honestly don't seem to care!  I highly recommend this release this Valentine's Day for every family!

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector