Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside DVD Review

Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside DVD Review


You can purchase this DVD online today!

Synopsis: The story of The Empire Strikes Back is retold. Darth Vader (Stewie) is hunting the rebel Luke Skywalker (Chris) and his troops relentlessly across the galaxy. On the ice planet Hoth, Luke has a vision of his late mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi (Herbert), telling him to go to the Dagobah system to learn the ways of the Force under Jedi Master Yoda (Carl). Meanwhile Princess Leia (Lois) finds herself taking a shine to the scruffy pilot Han Solo (Peter) and, against all odds, the two soon fall in love. But an encounter with Han’s old friend Lando Calrissian (Mort) lands them in the clutches of the Empire. Envisioning this, Luke chooses to forgo his Jedi training to save his friends. It all comes to a head in a climactic confrontation with Darth Vader himself… 

Review: This is the second time that Family Guy takes on the Star Wars saga.  It begins with the family watching tv when the power goes out...so they decide to have storytime...I didn't watch the first one (Blue Harvest), but I was interested in checking this one out.    I don't like Family Guy.  I don't watch it..its usually too juvenille and obvious for me.  That being said, its had a few funny moments, but I generally stick to the Simpsons.  I do love a good Star Wars satire, since I adore it so.   I know I'm in the minority in not liking Family Guy, but that makes this review all the more potent.

This really turns out to be much less about Family Guy and all about Star Wars...and I love a good Star Wars satire. Heck, I love a satire of anything that I enjoy.  What I thought might happen is a lack of material.  A lot of spoofs that you watch have some funny moments, but you have to wait through a lot of boring space to get to them.  Not so in this film.  Its almost non-stop laughs.

One highlight right off the bat is the George Takei reference!  Hilarious.  Peter rides a don-don (a ton ton with a Don Knotts head...again made me laugh).  A random juicy fruit commercial in the middle of the hoth scene is a gut buster too, at least for me.  It goes on and on.  I'm surprised by my saying this, but I highly recommend this one . Its going to stay in my collection.


Rating: An unexpected 5 out of 5 Stars

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector