Friday: the Complete Animated Series DVD Review


Friday: the Complete Animated Series DVD Review

You can purchase this DVD online today

Synopsis: Craig and Smokey are back at it! FRIDAY: THE ANIMATED SERIES, based on Ice Cube’s successful Friday film series, is an urban comedy about the misadventures of the dynamic duo. Similar to the film, Craig and Smokey struggle to survive family, friends and life in South Central L.A. The series includes many of the popular characters from the Friday movies, including Deebo and Craig’s dad, Mr. Jones. Relive the hjinks all over again in FRIDAY: THE ANIMATED SERIES.

Review: I'm a fan of animation in general and I'm always looking for an interesting show.  I had no idea that there was a Friday Animated Series until this DVD arrived in the mail.  I enjoyed the first Friday film.  After that, I kinda lost interest.  I'm not really into it anymore.  I think a lot of liking it had to do with the time it came out and where I was in life (a teenager). 

The teenager in me wanted to check this DVD out, though.  I needed to see if it was something that was still funny to me.  I wasn't terribly impressed.  The animation is fine, once you get used to it and the situations are typical of what you'd see in a continuation of Friday...but something is just lost in this concept now to me, I don't know what it is.

The bottom line is this..if you enjoy the Friday movies, then you'll enjoy this animated series.  The characterizations are spot-on and the humor is right in line with the film franchise.  The voice actors are not the actors from the film, but they do a great job of immitating.  This is one of those funny cartoons for adults.  WARNING PARENTS - this one is for adults.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector