The Mel Brooks Collection on Blu-Ray Review


The Mel Brooks Collection on Blu-Ray Review

You can purchase this blu-ray box set online today

Synopsis: Best known as a creator of broad film farces and uproarious parodies, jack-of-all-trades Mel Brooks has been entertaining audiences for years with his wacky and absurdist humor. Now just in time for the holidays, the king of comedy’s brilliant work is available for the first time in high definition in The Mel Brooks Collection on Blu-ray Disc, debuting December 15 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Embark on a hilarious adventure over and over again as the ultimate gift set debuts with some of Brooks’ best films including Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety, History Of The World Part I, Robin Hood: Men In Tights, Silent Movie, Spaceballs, To Be Or Not To Be, The Twelve Chairs and Young Frankenstein.

Review: When I first heard that the Mel Brooks Collection was coming out on blu-ray my thoughts on it were instantly negative.  Its been my experience that attemping to "up-convert" any old film is in fact more damaging than not.  Many of these films are 30 years or older and I've seen movies converted to blu-ray that are ten years old and are full of grain and have terrible picture quality.  I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by this set, it was a Xmas miracle!
The films in the set include all of Brooks' filmography, including the famous Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs and Young Frankenstein.  I forget until I watch these movies again how hilarious Mel Brooks can be.  His films are an American equivalent to Monty Python.  The humor is a bit more obvious, but thats the American part. 

The video transfer to high-definition is a large source of curiousity for most readers.  I will be honest, I'm VERY picky when it comes to this category, but I watched all of the films in this set and I was blown away.   There is NO grain.  I'm going to repeat that NO grain.   You get a little bit of dust on some of the films, but I you will be amazed at how crisp and clean these films look.  They did a fantastic job on each and every film in the set.  The sound quality is also fantastic. 

I HIGHLY recommend this box set.  You can find it online for less than $100 and thats an absolute steal.

Image Gallery:


Rating: A Strong 5 out of 5 Stars!

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector