Everybody's Fine DVD Review

Everybody's Fine DVD Review

You can own this DVD today

Synopsis: Robert DeNiro leads an acclaimed all-star cast Drew Barrymore, Kate Beckinsale and Sam Rockwell in Everybody s Fine, the heartwarming film that will move you to laughter and tears. When Frank Goode's (DeNiro) grown children cancel a family reunion, the recent widower sets off on a cross-country journey to reconnect with each of them. Expecting to share in the joys of their happy, successful lives, his surprise visits reveal a picture that's far from perfect. A family separated by physical and emotional distance finds a way to come together in a story that will touch your heart.  Bonus Features include The Making Of Paul McCartney's (I Want To) Come Home, Deleted & Extended Scenes


Review: I went into Everybody's Fine thinking that it was going to be a cliche 'feel good' film.  I don't know why I felt this way, I guess it was just the previews that lead me to think this.  I wasn't prepared for the film that I actually got....

The basic premise is that Robert De Niro is all by himself.  His wife has died and his children are all moved away.  He is expecting them all back home around the same table, but thats not going to happen.  They each put him off and you can tell by his desolate 'About Schmidt-esque' life that he needs them.  He goes on a cross-country journey to try and surprise and visit all of his children, but they're all lying to him.  Why?  To protect him...and themselves.

I really related to this film as a father.  I'm honestly not sure if you'll care about this film if you're not a parent.  It really drives home some of the overwhelming emotions that you feel about your kids and the end of your life.  Ironically, children represent youth and life, but they make you think about the end of yours.  The things you need to rest peacefully.  Personally, I want my children to be ok.  To be happy.  Thats the theme of this film, and its a journey that every parent should take.  We highly recommend this film.

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector