Alice in Wonderland Blu-Ray / DVD Combo Pack Review

Alice in Wonderland Blu-Ray / DVD Combo Pack Review

Synopsis: Tumble down the rabbit hole with Alice for a fantastical new adventure from Walt Disney Pictures and Tim Burton. Inviting and magical, Alice In Wonderland is an imaginative new twist on one of the most beloved stories of all time. Alice (Mia Wasikowska), now 19 years old, returns to the whimsical world she first entered as a child and embarks on a journey to discover her true destiny. This Wonderland is a world beyond your imagination and unlike anything you ve seen before. The extraordinary characters you ve loved come to life richer and more colorful than ever. 


There s the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp), the White Queen (Anne Hathaway), the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter), the White Rabbit (Michael Sheen) and more. A triumphant cinematic experience Alice In Wonderland is an incredible feast for your eyes, ears and heart that will captivate audiences of all sizes.

Review: When I first heard that Tim Burton was producing his own take on Alice in Wonderland I was mixed.  I heard all about how it was going to be so computer generated and I didn't know if I wanted to see a re-hashing of this particular story.  I don't know, I get neurotic about Burton, I'm a super-fanboy of sorts and I really want him to be working on something I know I'll enjoy.  Well, of course I felt like a fool for ever doubting the genius of Burton.  He hasn't let me down yet.


Alice in Wonderland is not a re-telling of the story, but rather a sequel.  It tells us what happens to Alice as an adult, when she re-visits Wonderland.  What ensues is one of the most magical and amazing films that I have ever seen.  This tops my charts on fantasy films.  Tim Burton went above and beyond with a highly enjoyable cast and a great script that left us speechless.  The graphics and imagery really worked and came off well, it was just amazing.


The blu-ray looks absolutely beautiful.  This is the only way to go.  This way you can give the kids a DVD to watch and keep that blu-ray nice for your family collection.  We cannot recommend this film enough.

Interest Range: Disney, Tim Burton, Alice in Wonderland, Fantasy

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector