The New Adventures of Robin Hood DVD Review

The New Adventures of Robin Hood DVD Review


Synopsis: An outlaw of Sherwood Forest and his partners, Marion, Friar Tuck and Little John, use magic, sorcery and courage to fight royal soldiers, evil Knights and whoever else tries to oppress the impoverished people of 12th Century England.


Review: I never had the chance to watch this television show back in 1997 when it originally aired.  I really missed out and I didn't even know it!  The New Adventures of Robin Hood ran back in 1997-98 on TNT after WCW Nitro.  It ran for a total of 52 episodes.  This season one DVD set includes 13 episodes of the series on 4 discs from the Warner Brothers online shop.

The show really took me off guard, because I figured it'd be cheesy and it was anything but.  The show takes itself very seriously and does a great job in costumes and dialogue.   I highly recommend checking out this series.  I hope that WB offers the rest of it on DVD soon!


Interest Range: Vintage TV, Robin Hood, Action / Adventure

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector