Willow Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Review

click the title above to read the full review...

Willow Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Review


Synopsis: Journey to the far corners of your imagination with Willow, for the first time ever on Blu-ray! Now fully digitally restored, this release features a dazzling array of extras, including new, never-before-seen exclusive content. From legendary filmmakers George Lucas and Ron Howard comes a timeless fantasy tale in which heroes comes in all sizes...and adventure is the greatest magic of all. When young Willow Ufgood (Warwick Davis) finds an abandoned baby girl, he learns she is destined to end the reign of the wicked Queen Bavmorda (Jean Marsh). In order to protect the child, Willow must team up with a rogue swordsman (Val Kilmer) and overcome the forces of darkness in the ultimate battle of good versus evil!

Review: I remember seeing Willow in the theaters as a kid.  Its a vivid memory, because at the time the film freaked me out.  The skull headed general..the multi-headed monster..the creepy dog monsters..it was just too much for me as a kid.  I remember having a kids meal cup from Burger King of that multi-headed monster that was temperature sensitive.   I remember the toys..I still have some of them in my personal collection.  What I didn't remember all that much of was the actual film itself.  I hadn't seen it since I was a kid in the 1980s and my memory of it was pretty good, but what I didn't remember was the very Lucas-inspired tone of the film...it was almost Ron Howard's love letter to Lucas, who wrote the film.   The movie looks amazing on blu-ray, the high definition transfer does it well.  I really enjoyed the whimsical nature of the movie and the fantastic fantasy elements.  Willow stands the test of time and is a great addition to any blu-ray library.

The special features include:
Blu-ray Disc:
Willow
(Feature film) in High Definition
 Deleted Scenes with Ron Howard Commentary
Making of an Adventure with Ron Howard Introduction
Morf to Morphing with Dennis Muren Introduction and Closing
Willow: An Unlikely Hero — Personal Video Diary of Warwick Davis
Matte Paintings Gallery

DVD Disc:

Willow
(Feature film) in Standard Definition
Interest Range: Fantasy

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector