Grown-Ups Blu-Ray Review

Grown-Ups Blu-Ray Review



Synopsis: "Just because you grow older doesn’t mean you have to grow up! Comedy superstars Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider

Review: When I was gearing up to see Grown-Ups I was very excited.  I will admit from the very beginning that I am biased.  I grew up watching most of the cast on Saturday Night Live (SNL) and I loved Kevin James in the King of Queens and his feature films like Chuck and Larry and Hitch.  You put Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider and David Spade in a film together you figure its comic gold, right?  Wrong.

I’m going to say that I had high expectations for Grown-Ups ,so that definitely affects my review.  I figured this would be drop-dead hilarious, and its definitely not.  Its not even a comedy.  The characters take a few jabs at each other, but they’re generally not amusing.  This film is way more of a drama about family life and aging.  It certainly wasn’t advertised that way, so it took me aback.  I had to re-watch it with a new outlook.  As a drama its good.  It’s a fine film with lovable actors, so it works.  Its very much in the veign of Sandler’s previous dramatic work like Spanglish and Punch Drunk Love.  I can definitely recommend it, just don’t expect to bust a gut!

The film is ideal in blu-ray.  High-definition is just the way to go all around.

Interest Range: Drama, Family Drama

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector