Rio (Blu-ray/ DVD Combo + Digital Copy) Review

click the title above to read the full review...

Rio Blu-ray / DVD Combo Review
 

Synopsis: This comedy-adventure centers on Blu, a flightless macaw who acts more human than bird. When Blu, the last of his kind, discovers there’s another – and that she’s a she – he embarks on an adventure to magical Rio. There, he meets Jewel and a menagerie of vivid characters who help Blu fulfill his dream and learn to fly.

Review: When I first saw the previews for RIO on television I wasn't impressed.  It really looked to be another generic talking animal film for kids.  I guess I've been spoiled by Pixar in recent years in the way of story, quality and all-ages appeal.  What I got with RIO couldn't have been further from my expectations.  This is without a doubt the best non-Disney animated film I've seen in years.  It was funny, charming and full of adventure.  My kids absolutely adore it and are already quoting the lines from the film.  This one was an absolute win and we can't recommend it enough!

Interest Range: Animation

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector