nWo: The Revolution DVD Review

click the title above to read the full review...

nWo: The Revolution DVD Review

Synopsis: In the mid-90s a malicious group of renegades "invaded" World Championship Wrestling shaking the landscape of the sports-entertainment world and turning the tables of the Monday Night War. Little did anyone know the shock of the century was yet to come. When Hulk Hogan did the unthinkable and turned his back on the fans The Outsiders had officially become the New World Order and chaos ensued.

Review: I am a self-proclaimed wrestling fan, ever since I was a kid in the glory days of the 1980s, saying my prayers and taking my vitamins by the word of the Hulkster.  I eventually grew disinterested with it as I hit puberty and beyond, and my former heroes had mostly been disgraced in the WWE steroids scandal and knocked from their role model pedistals.   When Hulk Hogan came to WCW they came up with an angle that shocked the world..Hulk turned heel.  And not only heel..THE heel with THE upstart rebellion the nWo.  The nWo took wrestling by storm by first introducing an element that felt real and was certainly growing in seriousness with it's audience from the 80s.  I was drawn back into wrestling with WCW and followed the nWo to the end.  I was a Wolfpac Red and Black man myself.  This DVD is a wonderful overview of this golden era in wrestling with a great documentary and a nice handful of matches that commemorate the era, including Hogan's infamous turn at Bash and the Beach in the mid 1990s.  I enjoy the documentary, but a few things they said I take umbridge with as a fan, for example they listed brining in Rodman, Karl Lewis and Jay Leno as highlights and I saw those all as cheap and really damaging to their brand and it's credibility.  Overall, this set is fantastic, though, and a MUST have for any wrestling fan!

Interest Range: WCW, Wrestling

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector