Bruno Blu-Ray Review!

Bruno Blu-Ray Review!





You can purchase this blu-ray online today

Synopsis: Oscar® nominee and Golden Globe® winner Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat, Da Ali G Show and Talladega Nights) brings you the comedy that has started more conversations, generated more controversy and dared to go further than ever before! As brüno travels the world in search of fame, everyone he encounters — celebrities, politicians, Hasidic Jews, terrorists and cage fighters — becomes a stepping-stone to stardom, with hilarious results! So prepare yourself for nonstop laughs in the film Peter Travers of Rolling Stone says should be “Numero uno on your funny-time list!”

Review: I think when Borat came out a lot of people hadn’t yet heard of Sacha Baron Cohen. I had seen Da Ali G show and was well aware of not only Ali G, but also Bruno and Borat from the show. When Borat became a cultural phenominon, I think there was a feeling that Sacha Baron Cohen was a one-hit wonder of sorts. That Borat was his thing, but thats about all he has to offer. Definately not the case. There was a lot of anticipation for Bruno from audiences and the reviews were mixed…

When I sat down to watch this blu-ray, I hadn’t yet seen the film. Its not that I didn’t want to, I just don’t get to the theater that often. Almost immediately I could see that Bruno was going to follow the same basic template as Borat. He brings you into the character’s world as an eccentric foreigner and then along for the journey as he travels to America to make people uncomfortable. Mind you its a good template, so okay. It didn’t take long to confirm my suspicions as to why a lot of the public didn’t care for this film…you see full frontal nudity on Cohen and there is an extreme amount of gay situations. Duh. I mean seriously..this is the guy that did Borat and now he’s playing a gay fashion model…what do you think is going to happen? I must say it was hilarious. ..especially the last oh, 45 minutes or so. The film is worth watching through to the end.

The blu-ray was a fantastic way to experience the film. The great sound and crisp high-definition picture are always a treat. I mean how else are you going to see Sacha Baron Cohen’s penis? A quick warning to parents, I know a lot of people felt it was ok to let their 9 or 10 year olds watch Borat..but I might watch Bruno yourself first to make sure that the sexual situations aren’t too much.

Rating: 5 Stars

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector