Gone With the Wind 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD Review

Gone With the Wind 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD Review

You can buy this DVD online today

Synopsis: Winner of 10 Academy Awards® including Best Picture, and still history's all time domestic box-office champion ($1.5 billion), Gone with the Wind has long been considered the most celebrated motion picture of all time. On November 17, Warner Home Video (WHV) will honor the romantic epic with a stunningly restored and remastered version, available for the first time on Blu-ray. Gone with the Wind 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collectors Edition is sure to be a must-have for collectors of classic films, available both in Blu-ray as well as on DVD.

Review: The film genre just wouldn't be the same without Gone with the Wind. I didn't get to see the film until I was 17 years old, but when I did, I was instantly enammored by the epic nature of the piece. I was already really into vintage film from a young age. My favorite movie was Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. Its not wonder that this twisted love story with Scarlett and Rhet became an instant hit with me.

Ever since I saw the film I've yearned to see a really great quality edition of the film. I purchased a VHS box set back in the day and I picked up the DVD release when it first came out many, many years ago, but I was excited for this new 70th Anniversary edition. It has an all new remastering that I was interested in checking-out. Let me tell you, it doesn't disappoint. The colors really pop in this edition and the backrounds are quite clear. I also noticed a nice improvement in the sound. They had already remastered the film years back, but they rescanned the entire thing with new techology in a higher resolution for this release.

The DVD set is limited in the way of special features. It has an audio commentary by historian Rudy Behlmer that is very interesting and full of great info.

This film remains one of the most romantic epics ever produced. If you've seen the film, you likely enjoy it and this release is the way to go. If you've never seen it, please treat yourself to the original 'Titanic'. This is the greatest and most tragic love story of all time.

Rating: A strong 5 out of 5

Links: http://www.warnervideo.com/gonewiththewind

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector