Billy the Exterminator Seasons 1 and 2 DVD Review

Billy the Exterminator Seasons 1 and 2 DVD Review


You can own these DVDs today.

Season 2 Synopsis: Season 2 of BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR reunites viewers with the one and only Billy Bretherton as he tackles some of Louisiana's creepiest, craziest pest problems.

In the pest management industry for 16 years, Billy runs Vexcon the only pest removal team in the state that handles all types of animal removal with support from his wacky but lovable family: kid brother, Ricky; tough-as-nails father, Bill Sr.; sassy office manager and mom Donnie; and beloved wife, Mary. And pest removal is big business in the swamp-like state of Louisiana. This season Billy and his team attempt to capture a beaver wreaking havoc at a summer camp, search for a rattlesnake slithering around a funeral home, go head-to-head with an angry raccoon trapped in a dumpster, tangle with some ornery water moccasins and wasps, match wits with an alligator in a family pond, and confront the largest roach infestation of their careers. A former U.S. Air Force Sergeant, Billy has taken a militaristic approach to pest control and is emerging a winner.

Review: Its funny, even though I watch a lot of A&E programming I hadn't given this show a chance until I got these DVDs to check out.  The reason being?  Two-fold.  Firstly, the guy looks like a Bon Jovi reject and second I'm tired of reality shows that glorify jobs that I ethically think are terrible (like logging or the guy that eats gross food, etc).  I thought I had this show pegged, but boy was I wrong.

My wife got me to sit down and give it a chance and I must say that I was impressed.  Billy may look like a douche, but he's a really decent and kind guy.  He is an exterminator, but he only ever puts something down regretfully.  He tries his best to save the animals, which I greatly appreciate as an animal lover and avid PETA nut.  He encounters everything from bees to coons to alligators.  This show is crazy and actually really interesting.

This is a great show and I recommend seasons 1 and 2 to everyone.  I'm now a hooked viewer and I'll be tuning in for the new episodes!

Interest Range: Extermination, Adventure, Animals

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector