Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel Blu-Ray Review

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel Blu-Ray Review

Synopsis: The box office smash hit Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel sings and shakes its way to Blu-ray Disc/DVD Combo Pack, “Squeak-Along” double DVD, and DVD Single Disc March 30th from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. A follow-up to 2007’s Alvin and the Chipmunks, Chipmunk singing sensations Alvin, Simon and Theodore are back for an encore in this hilarious “squeakquel” packed with over an hour more of music. The Squeak-Along bonus content includes new sing-alongs such as Beyonce’s “Single Ladies,” teaches audiences how to dance like the Chipmunks with the “Shake Your Groove Thing” dance instructional video, games and more nutty fun for the whole family!

Review: I have read a few bad reviews about not only the first film, but the er..well, squeakquel.  I hadn't watched the first film until we got this one to review.  My kids (ages 6 and 7) both enjoyed the first one, so I thought I'd pop their copy in to check-out.  After all, I used to enjoy the Saturday morning cartoon as a kid, maybe I'd dig this new incarnation.....

I have to say that these are adorable films.  I know that some adult critics don't enjoy them, but honestly why should they?  These are geared towards children.  They don't talk down to kids either, they are legitimately entertaining.  The squeakquel features the chipettes, which were always one of my favorite aspects of the show.  Alvin, Simon and Theodore are just as I remember them...charming and fun.  Dave is played by the great Jason Lee (My Name is Earl) and he does a bang-up job, as usual. 

The blu-ray / DVD combo pack is definately the way to go!  The transfer into high-definition is enjoyable and since this is the type of film that the entire family can enjoy, its preferable to have a DVD copy for the kids to watch.  Of course by watch I mean scratch and ruin!  And this way we still have our family blu-ray copy safe and sound!  Pick this one up..it'd make a great Easter Basket gift!

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector