Deadliest Catch: Season Five DVD Review

Deadliest Catch: Season Five DVD Review


Synopsis: The top-rated, Emmy®-winning hit series DEADLIEST CATCH takes viewers deep into the most brutal fishing seasons on the planet – red king crab and opilio crab. Brave the icy, black waters of the Bering Sea with Captains Sig Hansen, Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand, Phil Harris and Keith Colburn and their rugged crews daring to gamble high risk for high reward. Dirty Jobs’ Mike Rowe narrates as brutal storms, grueling hours, heavy injuries, violent tempers and fierce competition push these men over the edge.

Episodes: Everything on the Line, Red Skies in the Morning, Stay Focused or Die, Put up or Shut up, Long Haul Short, Fuses, Deadline, Down to the Wire , Payback Time, No Second Chances, Sea of Misery, Lockout, A Slap in the Face or a Kick in the Ass, End of the Earth, Bitter Tears, Multiple Mayday, Shipwrecked

Review: Discovery is famous for their fantastic reality television.  They shy away from absurd dating shows and get deep into various professions around the world.  Deadliest Catch is a show that follows the extreme lifestyle of sea fishermen.

Here is my issue.  I love animals..yes, even fish.   I'm a vegetarian.  I'm not an activist and I don't push my lifestyle choices on others, but watching guys fish isn't exactly my idea of a thrilling show.  Firstly, its pretty disgusting.  Have you ever smelled a fisherman?  Not good. We're talking about an extreme fishing show here.  I mean say that out loud.  I gave it a fair shake, though and it just didn't do anything for me.

I will give it to them..the show is well-produced and has great narration.  There is no problem there, its just the content thats not only somewhat disturbing, but rather dull.

Rating: 3 out of 5 Stars

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector