Ninja Assasin DVD Review

Ninja Assasin DVD Review




Synopsis: If it moves, smash it! The filmmakers behind The Matrix and V for Vendetta bring new blood (lots of it!) to martial arts movies in Ninja Assassin. Korean pop star Rain (Speed Racer) stars as heroic, deadly Raizo. Trained from childhood in the way of the Ozunu Clan ninja, he is stalked by fellow warriors for breaking free of them and their iron-willed dojo patriarch (martial arts legend Sho Kosugi)... and is on the run with a Europol agent (Naomie Harris) who has proof the clan sells assassination services to governments. The action is start-to-finish – fast, fierce, filled with weaponry (chains, swords, staffs, shuriken) and awesome athleticism. Fear not the weapon, but the hand that wields it.


Review: When I heard about Ninja Assasin the 13 year old in me went nuts!  I spent so much time in my early teen years sitting around watching old ninja movies.  I watched American Ninja, I watched the old film titled 'Ninja Assasins', I watched every single crappy movie that had a ninja in it.  I mean that literally, just about every one.  It was truly sad.  Now, Warner Bros. has released a great new film that is so indulgent in violence that its disturbing.


The only thing I heard about this film is that it was a violence showcase.  We're talking blood and severed body parts everywhere.  I heard a lot of backlash coming off of this film from viewers that it was just ninja violence.  Um...yeah.  What exactly did they expect?  Thats exactly what this should be..sounds perfect to me!  And from the moment we put the DVD in, its absolutely a thrill-ride of action, money, ninja clans and revenge!   Everything you want in a good ninja film.


If you're into ninja movies or martial arts film, then you're going to love Ninja Assasin.  Don't let children watch this one, but any adult or older teen can freely enjoy the gratuitous nature of the action and violence.  I highly recommend it.



Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Links: http://ninja-assassin-movie.warnerbros.com

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector