Did You Hear About the Morgans? Blu-Ray Review


 Did You Hear About the Morgans?  Blu-Ray Review


Synopsis: Hugh Grant and Sara Jessica Parker star in this delightful comedy about finding love in the most unexpected places. Two successful New Yorkers, Paul (Grant) and Meryl (Parker), are at their wits’ end with repairing their strained marriage. But when they become the only witnesses to a brutal murder, the police hide them away in Wyoming – together. Now these die-hard city dwellers will have to survive the weather, bears, fresh air, and forced time with one another if they want to make it out alive.

Review:  I was certain that this movie would be cliche.  I figured that I could predict not only the ending, but just about everything else in-between.  I got a surprise...I couldn't figure out exactly what would happen at every moment in-between!  The end is, of course, very predictable.  This is a romantic comedy genre film, after all.  It wouldn't be very American if it ended sadly, right? 

That aside, the film was cute and fun.  I don't mind romantic comedies personally, and my wife loves Hugh Grant films.  Anything that brit-mongrol does is pretty much gold to her, so I've come to appreciate his work by default of viewing it over and over and over and..well, you get the point!  I'm not complaining, mind you..he really is a great actor.  He's had some gems like 'About a Boy' and 'Notting Hill', so I mean to say that I never would've given him a chance, had my wife not twisted my arm into it! 

Did you Hear About the Morgans? is a great little movie.  If you want to cuddle up on the couch with your honey and watch a nice film, this would be it.  If you want something safe to watch as a family, this one would do nicely!   To get it on blu-ray would be the only option!  It does the unfortunate deed of showing how much Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker are aging, but its the only format worth bothering with these days!

We do recommend this one.  Its predictable yes, but still well-produced and charming.

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector