Lost Boys: The Thirst DVD Review

Lost Boys: The Thirst DVD Review


Synopsis: As the lost boys and girls of San Cazador prepare to party under the Blood Moon, an alpha vampire conspires to turn these unsuspecting ravers into an army of undead. The only thing that stands between him and the annihilation of the entire human race is the infamous vampire fighting Frog Brothers. Armed with double-barrel holy water balloon launchers and multi-arrow crossbows, Edgar (Corey Feldman) and Alan Frog (Jamison Newlander) join forces to kick some blood-sucker butt in this latest high-energy, action packed adventure in the Lost Boys franchise.

Review: If the Lost Boys was going to be a franchise, I thought to myself as I put this DVD in, it should've been executed back in the 1980s...or at least the 1990s.   The Lost Boys is a cult-classic, and for good reason!  Its a great little slice of 80s horror-pop, and was a nice break from the slasher flicks of the era.   When they made the sequel a few years back I threw up in my mouth a little, it was just horrible.  Now, they have this third film and I think to myself, WHY?!  Why ruin such a great film franchise.  The good news?  They didn't.

I have to hand it to them, they recovered from that awful Tribe sequel with Thirst and reunited the Frog Brothers to kick some vampire ass!  Seeing the guys back in action was a lot funner than I thought it was.  The film was well-paced and well-written and a ton of fun.  I definately recommend.


Interest Range: Lost Boys, Vampires

 

DVDLEGION.COM Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector